Here are some common questions.
Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any concern.
Rule of thumb: Following the suggestions below will result in great scans; however, not following them can result in unusable scans. Some 3D scans will be rejected as “impossible” by our manufacturer. For the better outcomes, please read and follow the guidelines.
Guidelines for All Captures
- Should hold a pose for 2-3 seconds before capture
- Should ensure that all limbs/parts are within the circular carpet, and stand as close to the center as possible
- Should take glasses off
- Should keep hands/arms close, preferably touching their body, and never touching or covering their face
- Should ensure that both feet are on the ground
- Should ensure nothing is above the top of the head (no tall hats, arms)
- Ensure that the infant is held in-arms by a parent or guardian when he/she is 3D scanned
- Suggest any subject shorter than ~3 feet in height is scanned with other individuals. Otherwise, it will likely produce a scan with bad geometry
- Ensure two-adult in captures at one time, as more individuals means a lower quality capture
- Items that do not print include:
- Fingers spread apart or pointing
- Jet-black clothing
- Dark leggings
- Purse straps
- Hats (may be held to chest)
- Long, thin objects (canes, ski poles, etc.)
- Headphone cords, or any cables
- Shiny objects (shiny shoes, chrome plated accessories, etc.)
- Mesh objects (lace, tulle)
- Limbs extended away from the body
- Any item that is < 1″ in thickness in all directions
- Dresses and skirts that are <12″ from the ground, but are not touching the ground
Guidelines for Couple Captures
- Ensure that there is no projection occlusion on the subjects
- Ensure faces are facing the “face pole” or are facing directly out of the carpet (at the poles). Please do not face each other in a frame
- Do not touch heads in any way
- Ensure that couples have hands/arms touching, but their bodies are either touching head-to-toe or are at least 6″ apart
- Avoid kissing poses at all costs
Guidelines for Pet Captures
Suggest 3D Scanning pets with their owners – pet captures on their own rarely turn out well, as they are too small for the system to capture reliably
To serve you better, we are listing some common questions regarding 3D scanning and 3D printing services the customers normally ask. If you still cannot find the information you want, please click the button “CONTACT US” below to send us an email, we will reply to you as quickly as possible. Certainly you can reach us through our Toll Free number and we will be more than happy to talk to you.
What are your business hours?
We are open for appointments only at this moment.
However, you could book an appointment by phone or through our online appointment form.
We need at least a 4-hour advanced notice to meet your schedule.
What should I do if I am interested in getting a 3D portrait?
You need to book an appointment and come to our office to get scanned.
Or, you could come to our activity events and get scanned. Please follow our schedule on our home page and on social media.
You will be asked to provide relevant information when you come to be scanned. Once you are scanned, we can immediately place the order, or you can call us after you decide.
You are welcome to contact us for more details.
Is there any charge for 3D scanning service?
No. Currently our 3D scanning services are completely free, with NO hidden charges. You will be charged only for the product you order.
How long will it take to deliver after I make an order?
Normally it will take 3-4 weeks to get your sculpture after your payment is cleared, but it could take longer depending on the time needed for processing any special request and where you live.
Could I receive my printed 3D portrait out of province?
Yes, but we do not ship internationally at this time.
Will children cost me extra if I want them to be scanned along with me?
Children over one year old are considered to be an extra person.
Children under one year old with an adult are free.
Will pets cost me extra if I want them to be scanned along with me?
In most cases, pets will not cost you extra money if you and your pets are scanned together as one 3D portrait.
However, pets are counted as an additional person if your pets are larger than an infant or if you want to print separate 3D portraits just of your pets.
Do I need a base for a 3D portrait to stand on?
A sculpture with a base will be more stable than a 3D portrait without a base. Without a base, it may fall over and break.
Can you make different sizes of 3D portraits other than those which are listed on your website?
We may be able to help you, depending on what you want. Please contact us with the details.
Which clothes or accessories are not suitable for scanning?
Basically you are encouraged to wear any clothes or accessories you wish. However, the best prints are achieved when people wear bright, vibrant colors. If possible, limit dark colors in the outfits you wear for scanning. Matte fabrics are scanner friendly. Very shiny fabrics such as shiny leather or plastics can create problems.
What should I do if I want to reprint a previous scanned 3D file?
You could check the previews and call us to place the order.
We also print 3D portraits created from scans made by a third party, but in such cases, we cannot guarantee the quality of the 3D portrait. We recommended that you scan through us if possible.
You are welcome to contact us for more details.
What materials are your 3D portraits made of? Are they harmful to children?
We use sandstone powder (aka. gypsum powder). It is an environmentally friendly and non-toxic material, but we still recommend keeping your 3D portrait away from your young children.
Can you print 3D portraits if I provide standard photos of the subjects?
No, our printing process does not allow it.
What are the actual sizes for different types of 3D portraits?
For any human standing pose, it will be printed at an original height of your choices.
For any human subject sitting / kneeling / bending over, it will be printed at half-height.
Pets captured alone are printed at a shorter height: pets sitting or standing alone are printed at half-height, and pets laying down alone are printed at 1/4 height.
If you choose to print with a base, the base height will be included in the total height of your choice.
What kinds of payments do you accept?
We accept Cash, Debt Cards, and Credit Cards.
How should I take care of my 3D portrait?
Your sculpture will arrive carefully sealed to protect it from surface damage, but remains fairly fragile and should be handled carefully. Drops or knocks should be avoided. Treat your sculpture as you would a fine porcelain ornament. Keep it away from pets and young children. Avoid displaying it in a location where it will receive direct sunlight as this may cause fading over the longer term. Avoid moisture and humidity, and do not clean your sculpture with solvents or water, simply dust it with a fine brush.
What is your return policy?
All 3D portraits are customized. Therefore, we do not accept unreasonable returns unless the following conditions occur.
Such conditions included:
Damage during transportation;
Dissimilarity from relevant 3D scan;
Off-colour from relevant 3D scan
If any of the above conditions occur, keep your product in its original package and contact us within 7 days after receiving it.
We apologize for any inconvenience and we will try our best to serve you.